JobGateway® is part of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry’s initiative to transform the landscape of how job-seekers find family sustaining jobs and how employers find the skilled candidates that they need.
In JobGateway®, job-seekers have access to more than 200,000 job openings. You can create and upload a resume and make yourself available to thousands of employers. JobGateway® will also recommend jobs for you based on your preferences. One exciting feature is an automatic capture of all of your job-search activities within JobGateway®. You have the ability to record any outside job-search activities, too. All in one place. All for free.
How to Register
1. Type www.jobgateway.pa.gov into your internet browser address bar. Click Register as a Job Seeker in the top right corner.
2. Enter all required (*) information in Identifying Information and click Continue.
Note: You may receive a prompt saying you are already enrolled. Enter your Participant ID to continue. If you do not know your Participant ID, contact your local PA CareerLink®.
3. Enter all required (*) information in Personal Information and click Save and Continue.
4. Create a unique Keystone ID, password, and hint questions according to the Keystone ID/Password Policy, then click Save and Continue.
5. Follow the prompts on your screen to enter the required (*) information on the following pages:
• Work Experience
• Military Service
Click Add Another to add additional records. Click Check Spelling and Save and Continue. If you do not have any records to add or the section does not apply to you, click Skip This Section.
6. Enter all required (*) information in on the Job Preferences page. Jobs will be recommended to you based on the information you provided in the previous sections. Under the heading Occupational Details, you may add/delete fields to assist in matching to appropriate jobs. Click Save and Continue.
The Registration Confirmation page will display your Keystone ID and Participant ID. You may print this page for your records.
YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
Keystone ID/Password Policy
Your unique Keystone ID, password, and hint questions must adhere to the following criteria:
1. Keystone ID must be 6 to 10 alphanumeric characters.
2. Password may neither contain the Keystone ID (Username), nor any part of the user’s full name.
3. Password must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
• UPPERCASE letters
• Lowercase letters
• Numbers (0-9)
• Non-alphanumeric characters (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
Following the prompts during your registration created the My Job Gateway Resume, which is accessible under the Resumes section of My Dashboard. Click View All Resumes to edit, delete, print, or create a new resume. Select your resume and click on the appropriate link to complete your action.
You have the option to upload a resume, but you must already have a resume created in the Job Gateway before you may upload an additional resume. From View Resume List click Upload. Name the resume and select the check box indicating that you agree to the Terms and Conditions of uploading a file. Select Browse and select the file to be uploaded, then click Save and Finish.
Perform Job Search & Submit Applications
From My Dashboard, you may enter a job title, keyword, or job number and location then click Search.
To enter additional search criteria, including County or Occupation Category, click Display Additional Search Options.
You have the option to Only display jobs from Registered Employers. A Registered Employer is an employer who has posted a job using Pennsylvania’s job website. Registered Employers and their jobs are reviewed and approved by PA CareerLink® staff. If you leave this option blank, you may see job postings from outside websites, including CareerBuilder, Craigslist, Monster, etc. These postings will require you to leave the Job Gateway® website to apply.
After entering search criteria, click Search.
From these results, you now have the option to Sort by: Relevance or Date Posted
Relevance is the default setting. You can click on Date Posted for the most recent job postings.
Multiple job postings may appear in the results list. Click on the Job Title of the posting that interests you. From the Job Details page, click Start Application to apply. Select the resume you wish to make viewable to the employer. You will have the option to compose a cover letter. Click Apply For This Job. Your application confirmation page will open.
IMPORTANT: Read this page carefully, as additional instructions may appear on the application confirmation page. Extra steps may be required before your application is complete.
How to Reset Your Password
1. Click Sign In in the top right corner.
2. Click Forgot Keystone ID / Password?
3. Select Job Seeker & the appropriate action to complete your request.
• You will need your Keystone ID and Hint Answers prior to completing the process.
• If you do not remember the answers to your Hint Answers, you will have the option to reset/retrieve this information from the Forgot Password page.
4. Enter required (*) information and click Continue.
5. Create a unique password using the Keystone ID/Password Policy below:
• Password may neither contain the Keystone ID (Username), nor any part of the user’s full name.
• Password must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
o UPPERCASE letters
o Lowercase letters
o Numbers (0-9)
o Non-alphanumeric characters (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
6. Click Save and Continue.